Floors Castle is a 5 star visitor attraction with an outstanding fine art collection, extensive gardens, retail and catering operations and a venue for events and corporate activities. Combined with the wider Estate, this page is updated if we have any vacancies for specialists within each area.
SEASONAL VISITOR SUPPORT TEAM MEMBERS:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of the seasonal Visitor Support team at Floors Castle. We are looking for an outgoing, confident and flexible person to fill a seasonal position, working across the, retail, admissions and visitor engagement aspects of our award-winning business. If you are passionate about excellent customer service, keen to learn more about the fascinating history of the Scottish Borders, and interested in joining our team, then we want to hear from you.
• To effectively deliver the Visitor Support operations on a daily basis, in a ‘hands-on’ capacity ensuring excellent visitor care, information provision and product presentation.
• To work across the site, in retail, admissions and visitor engagement.
• To help promote upselling and promotion of all products (including annual pass & guide book) events & activities.
• To provide a high standard of customer service at all times, engaging with customers, sharing knowledge and information about all areas of Floors Castle.
• To be an excellent team player, contributing to the continuous development of the department as part of the visitor welcome team specifically and the Floors Castle team as a whole.
• To comply with procedures and processes put in place by management. Follow set processes for cash handling and till operation.
• To support the manager in ‘Bringing the Castle to life’ with innovative ideas to enhance the visitor experience.
• To ensure all standards and expectations are met to ensure our 5* Visit Scotland rating is maintained.
The post involves working weekends and Bank Holidays, providing cover for holiday and at short notice for sickness absence. Attendance at meetings and training days may be required in addition to normal working days.
For the full job brief and to apply please email email@example.com
SEASONAL CATERING ASSISTANTS
Do you enjoy working with people, have a positive attitude, a passion for food and the ability to provide excellent customer experience? If this is you, why not join our catering team at Floors Castle. We are looking for Catering Assistants to join us this season at both our Terrace and Courtyard cafés.
These are seasonal hourly paid contracts. Further details can be obtained from Linda on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01573 227660 and please apply by sending details of your experience and the reason why you’d like to join our team to: Linda Wigley, Floors Castle, Roxburghe Estates, Kelso, TD5 7SF or by e-mail: email@example.com
Following the retirement of the present Head Gardener in summer 2020, we are seeking a talented and experienced person to join our team.
Floors Castle is a thriving seasonal visitor attraction awarded the ASVA ‘Best Visitor Experience Award’ in 2019 and 5 Star accreditation from Visit Scotland. The gardens are a showpiece of seasonal interest and inspired creations and combine the outstanding Victorian kitchen garden with a formal Millennium Parterre. New developments have been made in recent years with a contemporary Tapestry Garden and spectacular fruit cage forming the centre pieces to the walled garden.
For a detailed job brief for this exciting position please follow the link below. Closing Date: Wed 18 March 2020.Click here for details