Floors Castle is a 5 star visitor attraction with an outstanding fine art collection, extensive gardens, retail and catering operations and a venue for events and corporate activities. Combined with the wider Estate, this page is updated if we have any vacancies for specialists within each area.
Chef de partie
Floors Castle are looking for an enthusiastic chef de partie to join are established team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy establishment set in a stunning location in Kelso in the Scottish borders using some of the best local and estate produce. The ideal candidate would have a real passion for food, presentation and have an enthusiastic attitude towards their work. This position offers a great work life balance consisting of mainly daytime work.
- Working closely with Head chef and Sous chef.
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes.
- Maintaining the high standards of food hygiene & HACCAP.
- Monitoring portion controls to maintain profit margins.
- Being able to work on own initiative and in busy environment.
- Work in line with all health and safety rules.
- Order responsibly for each section / department.
As chef de partie you will be expected to work in the main production kitchen to help and oversee all aspects of the day to day operation. In addition to this you will may be expected to work in either of are two restaurants. You will also be expected to prep and serve functions and events along side the Head chef or Sous chef. We would also expect you to communicate and work well with your fellow work colleagues to maintain a good happy working environment.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com