Chef de Partie
Floors Castle kitchen is looking for an enthusiastic Chef de Partie to come and join our well established & enthusiastic team. Working within the main Castle kitchen and also within our busy Terrace Cafe at the stunning Walled Gardens.
The estate has been part of the Scottish Borders since 1358. Everything we do, is to ensure that we continue into the next millennium. Through our longevity we have developed deep connections with the land and its people and we are guided by the principle that our operations benefit the health of the environment and the prosperity of local communities. We are not just enduring; we will constantly innovate and grow to maximise the potential of the region and land under our care so we will be a source of inspiration and a model estate for the 21st Century.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Floors Castle. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for providing a warm welcome and amazing experiences.
Custodians, Community, Authenticity, Drive & Warmth
To understand, improve and develop our natural, heritage and built environments, allowing them to flourish as sustainable businesses capable of making significant contributions to a vibrant Borders community, now and for generations to come.
As Chef de Partie you be required to work alongside the Head Chef and Sous Chef to assist in the production of all aspects of the business.
- Preparing, cooking and presenting high quality dishes in various aspects of the business.
- Help maintain the high standards of our food safety & hygiene policy.
- Monitoring portion & waste control to help maintain profit margins.
- Manage the section you are working in and assisting with the ordering of stock.
- Maintaining stock levels for the retail outlets and ensuring the production line works efficiently.
Qualities you will possess:
- Enthusiastic approach to work.
- Positive and approachable manner.
- Knowledge and ability to run a section.
- Ability to work without the need of close supervision.
- Be confident in working with recipes.
- Ideally have some form of pastry experience.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work closely within a team.
- Have a good understanding of HACCP and food safety regulations.
Hours of work
Basic hours are 8am – 4.30pm – 5 days a week. Includes weekends and may include occasional evenings to meet business requirements.
How to Apply
If this post interests you please apply in writing to
Mr C. Weston
Roxburghe Estates Office
E-mail: [email protected]