Graduate Land Agent
An exciting opportunity for a graduate to join Roxburghe Estates, to assist with managing a diverse range of residential, agricultural, forestry and sporting enterprises.
Roxburghe Estates has been part of the Scottish Borders since 1358. We are committed to protecting and enhancing the natural, cultural, and economic environment of the region. We are a forward thinking innovative rural business comprising of Farming, Property, Renewables, Sporting and Tourism enterprises.
This role would suit someone who has recently graduated from university or will be graduating this summer with a RICS accredited degree, who would like to become an RICS qualified surveyor. The successful applicant will support the day-to-day management of the property and game department reporting to the Estate Manager.
You will be required to live on the Estate, and a house will be provided, reflected in your package.
The Assistant Land Agent will be part of the Estate Management team and report to the Estate Manager.
The estate has been part of the Scottish Borders since 1358. Everything we do, is to ensure that we continue into the next millennium. Through our longevity we have developed deep connections with the land and its people and we are guided by the principle that our operations benefit the health of the environment and the prosperity of local communities. We are not just enduring; we will constantly innovate and grow to maximise the potential of the region and land under our care so we will be a source of inspiration and a model estate for the 21st Century.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Floors Castle. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for providing a warm welcome and amazing experiences.
Custodians, Community, Authenticity, Drive and Warmth
“To understand, improve and develop our natural, heritage and built environments, allowing them to flourish as sustainable businesses capable of making significant contributions to a vibrant Borders community, now and for generations to come.”
Purpose of the role
The role will be multi-faceted in assisting the Estate Manager in the day to day operations of the Estate. The overall objective for the Estate is to grow income and control liabilities to allow long term maintenance and sustainability of the business and its heritage.
- Assist with Estate management duties including property appraisals, lettings and tenant relationship matters.
- Carrying out rent reviews on residential and commercial properties across the Estate and assisting the Estate Manager with agricultural rent reviews.
- Preparation of Basic Payment Scheme claims, ongoing management of existing Agri Environment Schemes and associated compliance matters.
- Exploring and identifying opportunities for new environmental and forestry schemes across the Estate.
- Management of let sporting agreements.
- Assistance with the management of the Estates’ sporting enterprises comprising of a grouse moor, wild grey partridge shoot, pheasant shoot and salmon fishing on the River Tweed.
- Assistance with the forestry enterprise in planning and management of annual woodland operations.
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Great negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- RICS accredited degree
- Full driving licence
- Good organisational, IT and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- A demonstrable understanding of the countryside and the rural economy
What will we do for you?
- Provide you with the opportunity to work and learn as part of a great team in an amazing environment
- Provide you with suitable experience and support to prepare you for your RICS APC
- Provide you with a competitive salary and appropriate benefits
- Help you to find suitable accommodation
- We strive to create a working environment where we care about you and your personal growth and ensure we have plenty of fun to go with it!
How to apply
For a copy of the job description please contact [email protected]
Application should include a CV and covering letter, to be sent by email to [email protected] for the attention of Ed Brown.
Closing date is Friday 29th April.