Laundry & Domestic Assistant
Do you have a passion for working with high-quality fabrics and would you love to work in an amazing castle with 300 years of history? Then we are looking for you to join our team!
We have now filled this position and will no longer be receiving applications.
The Role will be part of the Housekeeping Department and report to the Housekeeper.
The estate has been part of the Scottish Borders since 1358. Everything we do, is to ensure that we continue into the next millennium. Through our longevity we have developed deep connections with the land and its people and we are guided by the principle that our operations benefit the health of the environment and the prosperity of local communities. We are not just enduring; we will constantly innovate and grow to maximise the potential of the region and land under our care so we will be a source of inspiration and a model estate for the 21st Century.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Floors Castle. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for providing a warm welcome and amazing experiences.
Custodians, Community, Authenticity, Drive & Warmth
To understand, improve and develop our natural, heritage and built environments, allowing them to flourish as sustainable businesses capable of making significant contributions to a vibrant Borders community, now and for generations to come.
Purpose of the Role
- Maintaining the high standards of laundry and cleanliness of Floors Castle and Floors Castle Enterprises.
- To receive and sort ready for washing both private and Floors Castle Enterprises laundry.
- To machine or hand wash items as appropriate.
- To remove stains as required.
- To dry items in the tumble dryer as appropriate.
- To hand iron laundry, including large sheets and tablecloths, starching as required.
- To fold all laundry in a neat pristine fashion and carefully store in linen cupboards.
- Ensure the laundry room and equipment is kept in a clean and orderly manner to ensure a safe working environment.
- Makes minor repairs to items, eg replace buttons, mend torn clothes and linens.
- Assist the Housekeeper with cleaning and turndown duties during guest weekends and corporate residential stays.
- To be adaptable and able to work both on your own and within a team.
Hours of work
This is a part-time role, working 20 hours per week, 8.00 am – 12.00 noon, but there may be some flexibility in the start/finish timings. Additional evening and weekend cover will be required for special events, but notice of these requirements will be advised in advance.
Qualities you will posses
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
- Take responsibility for yourself
What do you need to be successful?
- Relevant minimum of 3 years’ experience .
- Knowledge of standard laundry methods and equipment.
- A positive mindset with a passion to produce immaculate linen.
- Able to demonstrate you are a team player, yet also happy to work on your own.
Each role is assigned a level against our expected behaviour. Your role levels are set out below.
|Taking Personal Responsibility||2|
|Communication and Trust||1|
|Encouraging Excellence & Commercial Success||1|
How to Apply
If this post interests you, please send us your CV together with a short note saying why you would be ideal for the job.
For further information please contact: [email protected]