Queen Victoria’s Summer House
On her visit to Floors in 1867, Queen Victoria took tea in a small summer house filled with Minton tiles adjacent to a vast glass corridor.
Seven further glasshouses were set at right angles to this corridor. Every conceivable kind of exotic fruit and flower flourished here to the amazement of all who saw them. The small summer house is all that survives to this day, but the south wall of the former corridor is now home to a fine collection of climbing and wall plants. Today, the visitor can see a triumphant example of diversification and will find an adventure playground, the Terrace Café, herbaceous borders, peach house and vinery with further plans afoot in Spring 2016.